Case Study A
Sales Team’s ‘Game On!’ during a cultural and diverse experience in South Africa
Our Client’s Brief
For over 25 years our client has operated a highly prestigious Reward and Recognition Incentive program to motivate their sales force rewarding them with travel experiences to unique destinations. A destination with real ‘WOW’ factor to motivate their sales team was requested and the brief was to find an inspiring destination offering special experiences in a unique setting. DGC met the challenge and created an ‘out of this world’ event.
The DGC Proposal
DGC presented South Africa as the ideal destination for the incentive; it has the ‘wow’ factor, is perceived as a dream destination, and offers a cultural experience and a unique game viewing experience.
One of the unique challenges of this program is creating an intimate experience for over 380 delegates in a country with limited infrastructure, irregular flight schedules, great distances and small accommodations.
Through the use of private charter flights, over 30 4×4 Game vehicles and securing the exclusive use of 14 luxury boutique game lodges and camps across 3 private game reserves, DGC managed to achieve the intimate experience our client required.
Highlights of the itinerary were as follows
- 3 extraordinary nights in private game reserves in Kruger National Park, South Africa’s biggest wildlife reserve.
- Bringing together all 380 delegates for the South African tradition of “Sundowner’s” at a Welcome Party filled with traditional dancers, African Drumming band and a special children’s boma with face painting and a beading station.
- Four aircraft were privately chartered to move the delegation from Johannesburg to Hoedspruit (Game Reserves) and down to Cape Town.
- An exclusive ‘Hall of Fame’ Dinner for 40 people at Graff Delaire Estate had the esteemed guests travel by vintage car. Upon arrival, guests received a red carpet welcome; they had the pleasure of blending their own glass of red, followed by a special performance by the Children’s Community Choir.
- A spectacular Gala Awards Dinner at Vergelegen where guests disembarked at the Octagonal Gardens greeted with drinks en-route to the Manor House where dinner was served. Plinths with various period costumed models were strategically placed in the gardens, as well as a model on a swing suspended from one of the large trees. A troupe of girls dressed accordingly and playing the violins to accompany the setting. Flair trumpet quartet provided the call for dinner. Female Diva Soloist performed to top the evening off!
DGC in-conjunction with our client produced what was agreed to be an outstanding reward program that at times was logistically challenging. This stunning location proved to be a winner with the Trip Achievers and the program provided a vibrant cultural and a unique experience for this well travelled group.