Case Study B
Air-Conditioning Incentive provides a ‘Russian Rendezvous!’ for its Dealers
Our Client’s Brief
When sophisticated heating and cooling consumers want to improve their home health, energy efficiency and comfort, they turn to innovative Carrier products and systems. To motivate Dealers, Carrier strives for a unique annual destination that Dealers are unlikely to have travelled to themselves. Dealer purchases are driven in part by the destination offered for the annual incentive. A 7-night incentive program was requested in order to motivate dealers to increase sales.
The DGC Proposal
There was a huge buzz amongst the Dealer network when Russia was announced as the Incentive destination. It was an unfamiliar destination to most of the Dealers, however proved an exciting option for the group.
Russia, the country Winston Churchill once described as ‘a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma’ is certainly a fascinating place.
Highlights of the itinerary were as follows
- An exclusive dinner reservation was made at the famous Yar Restaurant circa 1826 for the group. This was one of the most popular places in Moscow, frequented by many of the Russian celebrities of the time – writers, poets, singers – and features in poems of the prominent Russian poet Pushkin. The group enjoyed a Russian dinner with folk and gypsy show.
- Private tour of the Kremlin and recital in the chapel.
- A stunning evening at the State Academic Bolshoi Theatre of Russia, one of the finest musical theatres in the world both because of its size and beauty as well as the high caliber of artistic performances presented there.
- Fast train journey between Moscow and St Petersburg.
- A tour of the world famous art collections of the Hermitage at the Winter Palace, which houses a rich treasure of art from Western European artists such as Da Vinci, Raphael and Rembrandt with antiquities of sculpture and archaeological relics.
Carrier Dealers were captivated by this vibrant country with it’s unique sights and cultural experiences, the experiences ranged from enjoying traditional Russian dinners and gypsy shows, to touring some of Russia’s famous treasures. DGC successfully managed the event delivering a once-in-a-lifetime incentive experience for the group.
“Carrier value highly DGC’s understanding of the specialist requirements of our dealer network. Year after year they deliver events that have the special WOW factor to drive sales and motivate our dealers. Choose DGC and you will have the best of experiences.”