Case Study C
‘Arabian Nights’ for Automotive Dealer Principals
Our Client’s Brief
Our automotive client launched the program based on a 3 month qualifying period. The aim was to drive Dealership Volume Sales throughout Australia in a short period of time during a historically slow sales period, and produce a program with various ‘WOW’ factors.
The DGC Proposal
Destination Group of Companies proposed a high end program for this incentive incorporating 7 nights in Egypt and 3 nights in Dubai.
Dealer Principals and their partners were treated to 3 nights in Cairo, and a 4 night Nile River Cruise giving them the opportunity to experience all that Egypt has to offer.
To top off this fantastic program, they were indulged in 3 nights at the only 7 star hotel in the world – the Burj al Arab, Dubai.
Egypt and Dubai offer the Incentive Traveller a plethora of options when visiting destinations with such rich histories and unique culture found nowhere else on Earth.
A 3 tiered program was devised to reward Dealerships across a broad range of KPI’s including sales, customer satisfaction and stretched target achievement.
We had to ensure this high-end, well-travelled delegation was going to get a “WOW” incentive experience they would never forget. The launch “kick off” included a creative teaser campaign produced in-house along with an exciting highlights video and branded luggage.
Highlights of the itinerary were as follows
- First Class return travel to Egypt with Etihad.
- Business Class return travel to Egypt with Emirates.
- 3 nights accommodation at the only 7 star hotel in the world – the Burj al Arab, Dubai. All guests having their own Suite, Butler, Hermes amenities and much much more!
- Exclusive charter of the Sonesta Star Goddess for 4 nights whilst cruising the River Nile. Embarking on famous heritage sites such as the Temple of Karnak and The Valley of the Kings and Queens.
- Exclusive visits to the Pyramids of Giza, the Egyptian Museum and the Tombs of Nefertiti & Tut Ankh Amen ( DGC negotiated this privilege directly with the Egyptian Department of Antiquities).
- Exclusive dinner at Habu Temple with spectacular lighting, Egyptian entertainment and a sumptuous 3 course dinner.
- A 6 star private dinner in the middle of the desert. Guests enjoyed 4×4 driving up and down the sand dunes before sipping on French Champagne as the desert sun set. Guests were then escorted to an exclusively set up desert dining experience with Falcon tamers, Belly Dancers, Fortune tellers and Henna tattooists.
- $10,000 shopping spree for the partners of the Elite Achievers.
- Helicopters flips from the top of the Burj al Arab for the Elite Achievers.
- Rolls Royce Phantom Transfers from Abu Dhabi to Dubai for the Elite Achievers.
As a result of this incentive, the automotive company has achieved record sales and increased market share.
“Thank-you for negotiating, organising and providing such a great experience that delivered against both ours and the Dealers’ lofty expectations”.
Footnote – This event would not have taken place if it were not for the trust that the client and its Dealers placed in their team from DGC. Egypt had just experienced a Peoples Revolution and the Australian Government instituted a “do not travel” warning for all Australian citizens.
The DGC account director travelled to Egypt amidst all of this to assess the situation and report back to the client. Through DGCs extensive contacts throughout the region and a thorough security check of all sites and hotels that were to be visited, DGC recommended to the client that Egypt would indeed be a safe destination to travel to when all around them said the opposite. The client got to see Egypt without the crowds and experience the destination with unparalleled exclusivity.