Destination Group of Companies respects your privacy and is committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided to us by you.
In this Policy, the Destination Group of Companies means:
- Destination Event Management
- Destination Solutions
- Gekko Creations
- Evolve PR
- Destination Loyalty
and their associated entities and related bodies corporate.
This policy explains how Destination Group of Companies protects your privacy and summarises how we collect, use and disclose personal information that you might provide us. When you make an application to use our services or purchase goods from Destination Group of Companies, you consent to us using and disclosing your personal information consistent with this policy. This policy is applicable to personal information that we hold about you in Australia.
In this policy we also explain how you can contact us if you have a query about any personal information that Destination Group of Companies may be holding about you.
2. ABOUT DESTINATION GROUP OF COMPANIES
Destination Group of Companies was established in 1998, and is recognized as one of Australia’s leading providers of Incentive and Motivation Programs, Conference, Event, and Incentive Travel Management. The Destination Group of Companies has secured strong and sustainable relationships with our clients, many for over 14 years.
3. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
When you use our services or purchase goods from Destination Group of Companies, we need to collect certain information from you. That information may include your:
- address (including previous addresses);
- information about you or your company
- information about people representing your company;
- contact telephone number(s);
- contact facsimile number(s);
- e-mail addresses;
- bank account and credit card details; and
- details about flight, hotel, car bookings and other related travel details.
We may also collect personal information from others who make a booking on your behalf.
4. WHAT ABOUT SENSITIVE INFORMATION?
We will only collect your sensitive information with your consent and where it is desirable for your travel arrangements. We will only use and disclose your sensitive information for the primary purpose for which it was collected or a purpose that is directly related to this primary purpose and reasonably expected.
Otherwise, we will not collect, use or disclose sensitive information about you unless required to do so by law. Sensitive information, as defined by law, is any information about a person’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinion, membership of a political association, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, membership of a professional or trade association, membership of a trade union, sexual orientation or practices, criminal record, health information, biometric information that is to be used for the purpose of automated biometric verification or biometric identification or biometric templates.
5. INFORMATION ABOUT OTHER TRAVELLERS
6. PURPOSE OF COLLECTION
Personal information is collected to enhance our business relationship with you and to facilitate the sale of our products and the provision of our services. In the sale of our goods and the provision of our services, we may provide information to agents to take actions or make enquiries.
We may also access your information to send you information about our activities or developments or new products that we believe will be of interest to you.
In relation to individuals acting as service providers, contractors or agents, we may use your information to access or use services provided by you or an organization that you work for.
7. USE AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We strive to build a rewarding and lasting relationship with every customer. In order to provide the level of service we believe you expect from us, we may use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
We use your personal information to:
- provide the services or products that you request;
- do all things necessary to administer those services or products;
- research, develop, manage, protect and improve our services and products;
- conduct customer satisfaction surveys and inform you of any improvements that we have made to our services;
- maintain and develop our products;
- conduct appropriate checks for credit worthiness and to prevent fraud;
- the management, protection and development of our business;
- provide you with information about other products and services that may be of interest to you, including information about our business partners’ products and services;
- assist in arrangements and reservations with suppliers (such as airlines, tour operators, car hire operators, hotels and insurance providers) in relation to the provision of a product or service;
- collect and process payments, through us or a third party;
- perform all other administrative and operational tasks (including risk management, systems development and testing, staff training and market or customer satisfaction research);
- to facilitate your participation in any loyalty programs that may be set up; and
- investigate, detect and protect us and other third parties against negligence, breach of contract, fraud, theft and other illegal activities.
- We may disclose your personal information to other related and non-related organisations including:
- your company or organisation if you use our services under a corporate account;
- our contracted service providers (including any market research company and our mail house);
- credit card providers;
- credit reporting and fraud checking agencies;
- debt collection agencies, in the event of your default in payment of monies owed to us;
- government, regulatory and law enforcement agencies where the disclosure is required or authorised by law;
- our professional advisors, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- our related entities;
- suppliers of products or services which you have selected (such as airlines, tour operators, car hire operators, hotels and insurance providers);
- third party travel service providers who assist in fulfilling the booking you have made;
- our online booking facility operator and host and others who assist in providing these services;
- third party sponsors or co-sponsors of promotions on our website. Only information collected during a promotion will be disclosed to these parties;
- third parties when we contract out some of our functions and activities, such as call centre operators and mailing houses. In these circumstances, we prohibit third parties from using your personal information, except for the specific purpose for which we supply it.
8. CROSS-BORDER DATA FLOWS
The third parties we disclose your personal information to (our suppliers, travel service providers, call centre operator, website manager, cloud infrastructure and data centre providers) may be located overseas.
Your personal information may also be shared between entities which may be located overseas.
Generally, we will only disclose your personal information to these overseas entities in connection with facilitation of your travel booking and/or to enable the performance of administrative and technical services by them on our behalf.
9. USE OR DISCLOSURE FOR DIRECT MARKETING PURPOSES
We may use and disclose your personal information to offer you products and services provided by Destination Group of Companies and related entities.
You can choose not to allow us to use or disclose your personal information for direct marketing purposes by contacting us (see clause 13 below).
10. PROTECTION OF INFORMATION
We take reasonable steps to protect all of the personal information we hold from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. This protection applies in relation to information stored in both electronic and hard copy form.
11. ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may access any personal information that we hold about you subject to certain exceptions. We will normally provide access without charge unless you request access to a large volume of information or we have to access our archived records to obtain the information. In these circumstances, we may impose a fee to recover our reasonable costs. Details of how to contact us are set out in clause 13 below.
12. UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION OR PREFERENCES
If you believe that any of the information that we hold about you is not current or incomplete, please let us know and we will update your details. We take reasonable steps to ensure that we hold current information about you, but it is very helpful if you can pass on to us any changes to your personal details or preferences. Details of how to contact us are set out in clause 13 below.
13. WHO TO CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
If you have any questions about how we handle your personal information or if you believe that we have handled your personal information inappropriately, you can contact us in any of the following ways:
By mail: The Privacy Officer, Destination Group of Companies, Unit 3/1 Hardner Road, Mount Waverley, Victoria 3149
By fax: The Privacy Officer, Destination Group of Companies, facsimile number: 03 9544 9035
By phone: The Privacy Officer, Destination Group of Companies, phone number: 03 9544 9600
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not satisfied with the way in which we handle your enquiry, you can call the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) on 1300 363 992, or visit their website at www.oaic.gov.au.
14. WHAT YOU CONSENT AND AGREE TO
When you provide us with your personal information you consent and agree to our use and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with this policy including, in particular to:
- our use and disclosure of that information in order to provide the service or goods you have requested and for any other compatible purpose including the management, protection and development of our business; and
- our use and disclosure of your personal information for direct marketing purposes. If you do not wish us to use or disclose your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you can indicate your preference on the rental document or by contacting us (see clause 13 above).
15. TRANSMISSION OF BUSINESS
Should Destination Group of Companies or its assets be acquired, customer information may comprise one of the transferred assets.
16. PRIVACY COMPLAINTS
If you wish to complain about our handling of your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer using the details set out in clause 13 above. We will investigate all complaints and respond to you as soon as practicable. If we find a complaint justified, we will resolve it. If necessary we will change our policies and procedures to maintain our high standards of performance, service and customer care.
17. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Version 1 – Date of Publication – July 2014